As for Web-based exploits, Internet websites are now the most commonly-used angles of attack, most often targeting software vulnerabilities or using exploits on the receiving client. This makes keeping up-to-date browsers paramount for all employees.
Website Browsing Best Practices for Employees
• Be conservative with online downloads.
• Beware antivirus scams.
• Interact only with well-known, reputable websites.
• Confirm each site is the genuine site and not a fraudulent site.
• Determine if the site utilizes SSL (Secure Sockets Layer}
SSL is a security technology for establishing encrypted links between Web servers and browsers.
• Don’t click links in emails—go to sites directly.
• Use social media best practices.